"I recently finished a project with 14 raised panels. I raised them with your insert panel cutter. Over the years, I have used many different "premium" cutters. Yours is by far the best I have ever used. I congratulate you on this superb system."
"I have recently purchased the Infinity Combo-Max saw blade and Glue Joint Router Bit. I am totally pleased with these tools. I have owned many different saw blades and router bits in my 50 years of woodworking and these rank among the best I have owned."
NEW & Exclusive! Now make dado cuts with ease and precision using only your router, a straight bit and your straight-edge style clamp.
Make Perfect Fitting Dado Joints Quickly & Easily With Our New Jig!
Use your hand-held router and this exclusive new jig to make precise dado joints quickly and with confidence. Built from a solid piece of aluminum, this router jig allows you to make precise dados, rabbets and mortises up to 2" wide in exact 1/16" increments. It will work with any of our 2" wide PRO-GRIP straight edge clamps and comes with one ¾" brass template guide and locking ring. Does not include clamp-n-guide.
Makes accurate cuts up to 2" wide in 1/16" increments
Dado length limited only by the length of your straight edge clamp
Solid aluminum contstruction for years of service
Will work with any handheld router that accepts Porter Cable style busings (1-3/16" base opening)
Use any straight or spiral router bit up to 3/4" cutting diameter
Fits over any 2" wide PRO-GRIP straight edge clamp
Comes with a 3/4" brass template guide (accepts up to a 3/4" diameter straight or spiral bit)
Steel rollers insure smooth and accurate rolling action
Recently tested by WOOD Magazine, Jan Svec says "Infinity's Precision Dado Jig delivers just what it promises; precise dadoes, grooves & rabbets..." Issue #194
I recently purchased the Jig and have now used it for the first time. As with other posts, there were no instructions included, but there is a video to watch that did assist in the setup and use. The Jig does do what is indicated, very close tolerance when cutting dados both width and depth.
There are a few things worth noting when using the Jig:
1. If you are going to use this Jig with a router that does not accept Porter Cable PC style guide bushings you may wish to consider purchasing a router base that will accept them. I purchased a base from Woodcraft Jasper Tools Router Base Plate with Centering Pin Item #144931. The centering pin really made a difference. The diagram included in the instructions was also helpful, using a little piece of painters tape to mark the hole alignment will save time in setup. Also, marking the holes from the original base will again, save some time.
2. What is the purpose of three lines on the side of the Jig? Also asked in another review, but not answered.
3. When using the Jig, there is a considerable amount of sawdust buildup in the cut and also on the Jig. Taking a little extra time to remove the saw dust from the cut and Jig to clear the routed cut and the Jig will improve accuracy and ease of use.
4. The Jig locking adjustments had a tendency to work loose. When cleaning the Jig see comment #3 it only takes a few extra seconds to make sure that the locking adjustments did not work loose as a result of vibration.
5. As a new item, it would be helpful to have the Jig marked in MM as well as 1/16th of an inch. The plywood that I am using in my dado is 18mm and I have added a small piece of painters tape and have marked the proper location on the scale to quickly and correctly set the second setting.
A few minor changes better instructions and enhancements improved locking adjustments and adding a metric scale would make this Jig a dead on “5”.
What are those 3 marks on the side for?
Im also wondering, what are those 3 marks on the side for? I figured youd have more info on the web site, but you dont. Great product though.
- Gary Cook, CA
Just got the jig. Surprised that there are NO instructions with it. What are those 3 marks on the side of the jig for? Might give it more stars once I use it, but it would be nice if there was an explanation of what everything is and how to use it. The online video helps a lot though.
- Gary Cook, CA
Never miss Dados
This is, simply, a great invention. Never miss, with proper setup, and do view video for easy setup. A must have for partial dados and through dados.
- Ron Edwards, CA
Just new to woodworking
This video is very clear and explains the operation in simple terms, with easy to view imaging, for someone who is a novice to woodworking. Thank you
Precision Router Dado Jig
Thank you for publishing this video. The jig was simple to use to start with but this makes it easy to remember too.
It is a great jig.